This is my straight leg chaps sewing pattern by Sew Skimpy. You could create and wear these chaps for raves, cosplay, costumers, hooping, active wear, and exotic dancing. Learn to sew your own straight leg chaps for a night on the town, photo shoot, or even a cowgirl costume. My sewing patterns come in 4 different sizes. We know that one size does not fit most. These straight leg chaps fit up to size 13 juniors. Watch the follow along sewing tutorial for step by step instructions. Thanks for supporting me.
- Includes sizes XS-L
- One coverage option, open front & open back
- Formatted to print on US letter (8.5 x 11)
- Test square in US 2 x 2 inch and Metric unit 5.08 cm
- Pattern is color coded per size so you can make YOUR custom size
What You Will Need
- 1 yard of 2 or 4 way stretch fabric 58”- 60” wide stretch fabric
- Matching Thread
- Overlock machine / zig-zag stitch on a regular sewing machine
- With right sides together sew front and back waist of chaps (1) with a serger/overlock
- Sew the small sides of the waistband (2) together with a serger stitch.
- Fold the waistband (2) in half long ways and attach to the waist of (1) with a serger/overlock stitch.
- Using a zigzag or cover stich to flatten the inside serger stitch of the
waistband (this is an optional step)
- With wrong sides of fabric out. Sew the inner legs with a serger/overlock stitch.
- Using a stretch stitch fold and hem 1/2” at all remaining raw edges.
Follow Along Video https://youtu.be/rTskJXibnYg